Don’t be intimidated by the many steps this recipe has. It’s not that hard and totally worth it. This recipe is in heavy rotation at our house.
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
Author: Food Fashion and Fun
- 1½ pounds Boneless and Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Salt and Ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme, chopped
- ½ cup Flour
- Olive oil
- 1 Leek, chopped (white part only)
- 3 Garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- 3 cups Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch Carrots (1 pound), sliced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Wine (I used Chardonney)
- 1½ cup Chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 pound Bowtie Pasta
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, thyme and paprika, then dust lightly in flour.
- In large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat, and sauté chicken, until both sides are browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, add olive oil and sauté leek, carrots and garlic for 1 minute. Then add mushrooms, rosemary, red pepper flakes, butter, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes. Then add wine and deglaze pan.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water.
- Add stock, and return chicken to large pan. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 10-15 minutes while the pasta is cooking.
- Remove the large pan from the heat and stir in vinegar and half of parsley into sauce, and season to taste.
- Add cooked pasta, Parmesan (if using) and sauce to a large bowl. Add 1 cup pasta water. Mix to combine
- Garnish with remaining parsley. Serve with chicken.