April is National Grilled Cheese Month, which has inspired a few of my latest recipes. My fiancée scarfed this one down and then devoured my Grilled Cheese with Apples and Caramelized Onions as dessert.
If you’re a grilled cheese fan, head over to the Arla Dorino website for more recipes, tips, coupons and a giveaway.
- 1 teaspoon Horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 2 slices of Bread
- 2 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 2 slices of Pastrami
- 2 slices of Arla Dofino Havarti Cheese
- 2 Dill Pickle Slices
- 2 tablespoons Caramelized Onions
- Combine the horseradish and mustard in a small bowl, and then set aside.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Spread the horseradish mixture over the unbuttered side of the bread.
- To build the sandwich, add the pastrami, cheese, dill pickle and then caramelized onions between the two slices of bread.
- Place one side of the buttered sandwich on a cold skillet.
- Turn on the heat to medium low and slowly cook the sandwich until the cheese softens and the bread is golden about 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully flip the sandwich over to finish cooking.
- Again, slowly cook the sandwich over medium low heat for another 3 minutes. Don’t try to speed up the process by cooking over a higher heat otherwise the bread will burn and the cheese won’t melt.
- Once the sandwich has finished cooking, remove from the heat and serve immediately.