I absolutely love green beans. While they are in season, I tend to get them every time I go to the farmer’s market. Most of the time I just boil and then toss them with salt, pepper and butter. That gets boring after a few weeks so I like to try something different. I’m sucker for spicy food so I wanted to incorporate a spicy sauce. I opened my fridge and saw Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and thought – ‘BINGO. We have a winner!’ It’s sweet and a little bit spicy. I added ginger and garlic to round out the flavors for an amazing side!
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil or Clarified Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, grated
- 2 pounds Green Beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring a medium size stock pot filled with water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and boil for about 5 minutes or until just cooked.
- Add the oil to a sauté pan over high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger then sauté for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the green beans and cook, tossing until beans are beginning to brown.
- Add sweet chili and soy sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (if needed) and then transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #FOODFASHIONANDFUN. I’d love to see what you cook!