Usually I make my Ginger Sweet Potatoes during the winter months but I wanted to try something that’s slightly sweeter with warm spices like cinnamon. I’m not a fan of sweet, sweet potatoes but my family loves them. It’s reminiscent of a sweet potato casserole but without any marshmallows.
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- ¼ cup Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 3 tablespoons Milk (non-dairy milk is fine) or Cream
- ¾ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- pinch of Cloves
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes and boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pan but leave the potatoes.
- Using an immersion blender blend the sweet potatoes until smooth. If you want to use a regular blender, add the cooked potatoes to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the sugar, butter, broth, milk and spices and stir to combine. You can add more sugar or spices depending upon the flavor of the sweet potatoes and your tastes.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #FOODFASHIONANDFUN. I’d love to see what you make!