This is a sponsored post on behalf of Simply Organic Spices. All text and opinions are my own.
This holiday season I teamed up with Simply Organic to help you celebrate Thursdays. They have a giveaway going on plus I’m taking a quiet moment before the rush of the weekend to turn my Homemade Italian Seasonings recipe, into gifts.
The baby is asleep, the husband is at work and I have some time to get crafty and prepare a few small gifts for the holidays. Moments like these allow me get really creative. It’s zen-like for me and so relaxing.
I personally love giving homemade gifts, especially food. It’s thoughtful, personal and useful. You can give these as stand-alone gifts or as part of a larger gift. I think it would be great as part of a pasta meal kit. You could include a can of tomatoes, dried pasta, a hunk of Parmesan cheese and the small jar of Homemade Italian Seasonings.
This project is not overly complicated. It’s actually quite simple and can be completed during my son’s nap. All projects are now measured not by minutes or hours but my naps. This is a one-nap project.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 Spice Jars
- Recipe for Homemade Italian Seasonings (below)
- White Card Stock
- Scissors or X-Acto knife
- Waterproof Labels
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Wash and thoroughly dry the spice jars. This cleans the jars so that they are ready for food. It’s important they are completely dry before adding in the herbs and spices. Since they are dried, they need to stay dried so that they will remain shelf stable.
- Make the Homemade Italian Seasonings. The recipe makes enough for 2 spices jars.
- Add equal amounts of the seasonings blend to each jar and tighten the lid.
- Cut the tag from card stock. I cut the tag in a heart shape but you can personalize it to fit the recipient.
- Write your message on your tag and the name of the label. I just wrote the name of the seasoning blend so there are no confusion.
- Add the label to the front of the jar.
- Thread the twine through the tag and then tie around the top of the jar.
- ⅔ cup Simply Organic Dried Oregano
- ½ cup Simply Organic Dried Parsley
- ¼ cup Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Dried Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Simply Organic Dried Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Simply Organic Dried Sage
- ¾ teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle to crush and combine.
- Store in an airtight container until you are ready to use.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!