This is a sponsored post on behalf of Drizly. All text and opinions are my own.
Have you ever run out of booze when you’re hosting a party? It’s a real bummer when the host has to leave to make a beer (or wine or alcohol) run. Luckily there is a company called, Drizly that will bring the drinks to you. All you have to do is pick out what you want online, and they deliver it to your door, often times within an hour or less. Why hasn’t anyone thought of this before???
Drizly reached out to me and asked if I would like to collaborate on a cocktail for the holidays. I said, ‘no problem.’ Cocktails are my jam. This one is great for a small get-together. It makes just enough persimmon puree for 6 servings which is about one bottle of champagne.
I love persimmons and eat them every time they are in-season. Surprisingly, I didn’t have any recipes on the site. Persimmons usually don’t last long enough for me to make anything out of them as we eat them like apples. In fact, as the persimmons spilled out of my shopping bag from the grocery store, my husband instantly reached for a few. I had to stop him otherwise he would have eaten them on the spot.
- 2 Fuyu Persimmons, chopped
- 1 ounce Honey
- 1½ ounces (1 jigger) Spiced Rum
- 1 ounce Water
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- Bottle of Champagne
- Blend the persimmon, spiced rum, water, cinnamon and nutmeg using an immersion blender or a small blender.
- Pour a 1-2 tablespoons of the persimmon mixture into champagne glasses.
- Top each glass with champagne.
- Serve with a slice of persimmon.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!