I received a matcha tea from Tenzo Tea as compensation for this post. All text and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support foodfashionandfun.com!
These Coco-Matcha Truffles are so good. They little coconut, chocolate and matcha clouds just melt in your mouth. They are decadent and are so easy to make. You get your hands a little dirty rolling the dough but you don’t even have to turn on the oven!
Our niece came to stay with us for the week before New Years and she loves to cook and bake with me. I decided to save all my baking so that she that we could do it together. We tried a few different cookie recipes but this Coco-Matcha Truffle recipe stood out. Actually, once we made this recipe no one wanted anything else. We ended up making this recipe three times that week. Seriously, my husband made a desperate coconut cookie run on New Year’s Day, before the stores closed, as we realized that we ran out of truffles. It was actually a ridiculous scene. We had three people frantically calling grocery stores to see who was still open. We scrambled and had more truffles within the hour. They’re that good.
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar plus ¼ cup for dusting
- 2 teaspoons Matcha Powder, divided
- 2 cups Coconut Cookies (I used Trader Joe’s Coconut Cookies), finely ground
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- Mix ¼ cup of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon match powder
- Mix the coconut cookies, cocoa, coconut milk, 1 teaspoon matcha powder and powdered sugar of the ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- When the dough is fully mixed and slightly sticky, roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar mixture.
- Chill for about 1 hour before serving.
Also, if you want to keep these cookies vegan or dairy free, make sure that the cookies that you use do not contain any meat or dairy products.
If you can’t find coconut cookies, then Nila Wafers are a great substitute. Just keep in mind that they will alter the flavor somewhat. It was taste less like coconut and more like vanilla.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!