I’m on a roll with easy recipes that can be pulled together in less than 30 minutes. This Basil Oil recipe is no exception. Actually, this recipe can be made in about 5 minutes. While it’s not a meal in itself, it’s really simple to make so it can be done while the rest of your meal is cooking.
It goes really well over just about any grilled meat. I love it with roasted pork loin. This combination has graced our dinner table more than once in the last few weeks. The pork is so simple that you really don’t need a recipe. If you do need a recipe, the pork is cooked just like the process in my Rosemary Roast Pork recipe. The only difference is that I only season the meat with salt and pepper.
- 2 (packed) cups Basil Leaves
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Combine the basil, garlic, ½ cup of the oil and salt into a food processer.
- Blend until there are no more basil leaves.
- Add the rest of the oil and then give it a few pluses, just to combine it. Don’t over blend otherwise the oil will become emulsified.
- Stir in additional salt, if needed.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!