I had discounted cabbage as something just for sauerkraut, kimchi or coleslaw. I haven’t really fallen in love with a cabbage dish beyond those recipes. This Oven Roasted Cabbage however, is so good that it just blew me away. It only takes 5 ingredients (including the salt and pepper) to transform cabbage into a savory and flavorful side dish.
My husband and I polished off an entire head of cabbage one evening for dinner. We ate it alongside a steak. It was epic. We both couldn’t believe how much we loved it. We have family coming to town soon and I can’t wait to share this recipe with them.
- 1 head Green Cabbage, sliced into ½ inch steaks
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush with oil on both sides and place onto cookie sheet.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 17-20 minutes.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!