I have a jar of Luxardo maraschino cherries sitting in my fridge. I went out of my way to mix a cocktail just so I could use these little delights. Yep, I created this Cherry Vanilla Vodka Cocktail just to eat maraschino cherries. The syrup is so fragrant with vanilla and tart from the cherries. Once you have the syrup together, the drink is a simple. It’s serious just the syrup, sparkling water and vodka. Oh, and of course the glorious maraschino cherry.
My love of maraschino cherries started when I tried the original maraschino cherries. Not the neon red ones but the Luxardo maraschino cherries. They are so good. It’s a must try.
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 2 cups Cherry Juice
- ¼ cup Honey
- 3 ounces Cherry Vanilla Syrup
- 1 ounce Sparkling Water
- 1½ ounces Vodka
- Luxardo Maraschino Cherries
- Carefully, scrape the cavier from the vanilla bean.
- Next, add the vanilla bean and cavier, juice, and honey into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the liquid is boiling, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat, discard the vanilla bean and then place in an airtight container in the refrigerator to chill.
- When ready to serve, pour 3 ounces of the Cherry Vanilla Syrup in an ice filled glass along with the sparkling water and vodka.
- Stir to combine then top with a maraschino cherry and serve.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!